Wanchai Physiotherapy Centre was established in 1992. The centre provides quality physiotherapy treatment and care to all ages. It is located right inside the business district of Wanchai in Hong Kong Island(just facing the exit A3 of Wanchai MTR station).In-charge of the centre,Ms Betty Lo is a well experienced and qualified physiotherapist who was graduated and registered in Hong Kong , Australia and United Kingdom since 1987.
Wanchai Physiotherapy Centre has been established since 1992. Our mission is to provide suitable medical services for patients at all stages of life. In the future, we will explore the Mainland and Overseas markets so as to provide quality medical services for overseas patients and Mainland patients.
Shockwave Therapy is a new and highly effective treatment used to treat chronic and painful musculoskeletal conditions. It uses high energy acoustic sound waves to break down scar tissue and aid new tissue growth.
Cheung Ting Wai
Registered Physiotherapist (H.K.)
BSc in Physiotherapy
Range of Services
- Treat and help prevent joint sprains, muscle strains, neck and back pain and complaints e.g. Cervical and Lumbar Spondylosis ,Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc,Ligamentous Injuries, etc
- Help manage soft tissue injuries
- Help correct and prevent postural dysfunction and muscular imbalance.
- Help restore function after surgery or fractures
- Help treat arthritis (e.g. osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis)
- Treatment may involve Electrical modalities (e.g. Short wave Diathermy, Interferential and Ultrasound), Traction, Mobilization, Manipulation, Ice and Hot treatment and some special exercises.
Physiotherapists treat children
- Who have chest problems (e.g. bronchiolitis, pneumonia, asthma, etc)
- Who are born with congenital defects (such as torticollis, talipes-equino-varus ), cerebral palsy, brain injury and muscular dystrophy, etc.
3. Obstetrics and Gynecology
Physiotherapists treat pregnant women:
- Teach them ante-natal and post-natal exercises and care
- Prevent any complications (e.g. low back pain, deep vein thrombosis, etc)
- Who have incontinence
- Who have surgery with complications (e.g. chest problem or muscle-skeletal problem)
Physiotherapists often work with other health professionals due to the complex aspects of gerontology. They treat conditions such as:
- Parkinsons disease
- Neurological conditions such as strokes
- Chest problem
- Fractures and arthritis, etc.
Wanchai Physiotherapy Centre also provides home treatment for those aged who are unable to reach our centre. We will help promote their movement and independence by:
- Functional assessment
- Strength and endurance training
- Exercises prescription / gait re-education
- Pain management
- Cardio respiratory care
- Prescription of adaptive equipment and mobility aids
5. Medical and Neurology
Physiotherapists treat patients with conditions such as
- Peripheral Neuropathy (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, ulna nerve neuritis, etc)
- Strokes and some vascular and neurological problem (e.g. Parkinson’s Disease, polio, multiple sclerosis, etc)
- Brain tumours and spinal cord tumours
We has been involved in the Elderly Health Care Voucher Scheme.
People aged 65 or above are eligible to receive health care vouchers, the annual amount is $2,000.